Moulded Clutch Facings
|Minimum Order Quantity||50 Number|
|Hardness||100 in Rockwell HRL|
|Cross Breaking Strength|| 350 Kg/cm2|
|Maximum Continuous Operating Temperature||200 Degree C|
|Wear by Tk|| 0.35 mm|
|Shear Strength|| 200 kg/cm2|
Compo AF 124 is a rigid molded friction material, brown in color, having a Non-Asbestos Fiber base with brass chips. It has a very good resistance to fade and a low rate of wear. It is suited for both light and heavy-duty clutch applications. AF 124 possesses a medium coefficient of friction. The use of AF - 124 clutch facing helps to prevent judder resulting reduced stresses in clutch driven plates.
t is not suitable for oil immersed applications.Applications:
- Light and heavy-duty clutch in automotive commercial vehicles and several industrial applications.
- Co-efficient of Friction for assign Purpose: 0.38 (Dry)
- maximum temperature: 350°C
- Maximum Continuous temperature: 200°C
- Recommended Operating Hangs
Recommended Mating Surface:
- The continuous temperature quoted is for constant slip condition. For automotive application, such as on car and Commercial vehicle Clutches, bulk temperature of 225°C are acceptable for long periods.
- Goal Quality close grain quoted Cast Iron. If Steel, then forged or cold rolled with a Brinell Hardness of 200 or more. Cast Steels are not recommended for use as the mating surface.
Typical Chemical Properties:
- Carbide tipped tools are recommended for use with this material for drilling, turning and boring.
- Acetone Extract: 2.5%
- Loss of Ignition: 65%